Chemere Armstrong, a US-based vlogger, has given some insights into the severe allergic reaction after using a Henna hair dye. In the post, she said: “If you been following me for a while you know that I tried to be as transparent as possible. You will also know that my 100 days of just juice and smoothies has been very important to me.
Today is day 100!!! The past couple of days has been extremely rough. I mention before that I die my hair with Henna because of my research and what I was told that it was supposed to be completely natural and chemical free but it wasn’t and I had a severe allergic reaction as you can see from the pictures.
I’m not posting this for any advice or any negative comments. I’m fully aware of what these pictures look like. I had to endure this nightmare. If you do not have anything nice to say please keep strolling. I want to let everyone that pray for me or send me well-wishes know what was going on.
I was in severe pain from my scalp burning and itching with my face completely’s swollen to the point I was unrecognisable. The most scary part about this whole thing is that my eyes was completely swollen shut where I couldn’t see for 2 days. My doctor was afraid that it was going to start affecting my breathing which that didn’t happen and as of today my eyes are open and I can see again but my face is still very swollen (I don’t look like myself).
I’m not in any more pain and I feel things are heading in the right direction. I hate that this had to happen but now I’m even more focus on making sure that my health is number one priority. Once I get back to looking like myself again I will make a more detailed video on my YouTube channel. Thanks again for all the love, support, and well wishes.”