Nigerian university lecturer burnt to death, after a keg of petrol she bought, caught fire


.

.

A senior lecturer with the National Open University of Nigeria, Dr Jumoke Odeyemi, has been killed in a fire that gutted her apartment in Ketu, Lagos State. 

.

.

Odeyemi, who joined NOUN in 2009, had a doctorate in Adult and Continuing Education from the University of Ibadan, where she also had her bachelor’s degree in Language and Literacy and master’s degree in Education. 

.

.

She reportedly got married four years ago and had yet to have a child with her U.S-based husband. She was asleep at her residence on Jemigbon Street, Apollo Estate, Ketu on Thursday, when power was restored around 2am. 

.

.

The victim had reportedly bought a 30-litre fuel, the previous day, which she kept in her balcony. It was gathered that as soon as power was restored, there was a spark which reportedly caught a mosquito net in the two-bedroomed flat, leading to the fire.

.

.

Residents said they were awoken by the victim’s call for help, adding that in the twinkling of an eye, the fire reached the jerrycan of petrol and exploded. The deployment of operatives of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and more than five water trucks, did not save the don from death. Crdt: Punchng 

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 VivaLasGidi

Design by Deo360.com

Welcome neighbour!

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account