The All Progressives Congress, APC, has confirmed Adams Oshiomhole, the immediate past governor of Edo State, as its national chairman.
Oshiomhole was returned unopposed after a voice affirmation by party members.
The party said 18 positions were unopposed, and all were affirmed on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
The announcement was made by the chairman of the 2018 convention committee and governor of Jigawa State, Mohammed Badaru.
Oshiomole is to replace John Oyegun, the outgoing chairman of the party, who also hails from Edo State.
Oyegun, alongside Oserhermen Osunbor, Clement Ebri, and Ibrahim Emokpaire, were initially in the race but eventually stepped down for Mr. Oshiomole.
In his speech on Saturday, Mr. Oyegun wished Mr. Oshiomhole well as he takes over the reins of the party’s leadership.
Some of the names of those unopposed are:
1. Adams Oshiomhole … National Chairman
2. Ibrahim Masari … National Welfare Secretary
3. Tunde Bello…National Financial Secretary
4. Misbahu L Didi….The representative of the physically challenged
5. Zakari Mohammed….Zonal secretary north central
6. Ibrahim Abdullahi
7. Hassana Abdullahi….Zonal woman leader North Central
8. Nelson Abba….ex-officio North Central
9. Abubabakr Ajiya….Zonal Secretary north East
10. Isa Azare….Ex officio North East
11. Tukur Gusau…. Zonal secretary North West
12. Nasiru Haladu….Ex officio North West
13. Mrs. Akpabio ….Woman leader South South
The post Adams Oshiomhole Emerges As APC New National Chairman appeared first on The Trent.